APFTScore.com Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT) Resources - Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) Score Calculator
Army Combat Fitness Test Information and Resources
The Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT) is the newly-developed fitness test that will replace the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT). The ACFT will consist of six events: 3-Repetition Maximum Deadlift (MDL), Standing Power Throw (SPT), Hand Release Push-up (HRP), Sprint-Drag-Carry (SDC), Leg Tuck (LTK), and 2-Mile Run (2MR). Scoring for the ACFT will be age and gender neutral. Standards for the ACFT will correspond to each Soldier's respective MOS physical demand category - moderate (gold), significant (gray), or heavy (black).
The general timeline for ACFT implementation is as follows. For full information, refer to HQDA EXORD 219-18.
Phase 1 - Initial Operational Capability (IOC): FY 19 (1 October 2018)
The ACFT will be field tested at 61 battalion-sized units (all Regular Army) and one Army command headquarters. Data and lessons learned from the field tests will direct adjustments to the standards and administration procedures leading to Phase 2.
Phase 2 - Full Operational Capability - Initial (FOC-Initial): FY 20 (1 October 2019)
The ACFT will be implemented Army-wide, with the legacy APFT continued for record test purposes. COMPO 1 (Regular Army) units will conduct the ACFT twice; COMPO 2 and 3 units (Army National Guard/Army Reserve) will conduct the ACFT once. During this time, the ACFT will also be incorporated into applicable regulations, publications, forms, records, and school courses.
Phase 3 - Full Operational Capability (FOC): FY 21 (1 October 2020)
The ACFT is adopted as the Army test of record. Policy regarding physical profiles and alternate events developed during the field tests will be published no later than 1 October 2020.
Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT) Resources
I have made an effort to identify the most current and authoritative resources concerning the ACFT. For your convenience, these resources are available below. Information regarding the ACFT is subject to change during the field testing period. Please contact me if you have received newer information through official channels.
- CALL Publication No. 18-37 - The Army Combat Fitness Test
- Army Combat Fitness Test Field Testing Manual, 6 September 2018
- Public Affairs Guidance for Army Combat Fitness Test, 5 July 2018
- HQDA EXORD 219-18, Implementation of the Army Combat Fitness Test, 13 July 2018
- Local Form 705-ACFT, October 2018 - This is a fillable Army Combat Fitness Test Scorecard based on the Phase 1 IOC sample form.
- Enlisted Physical Demand Categories - By enlisted MOS
- Warrant Officer Physical Demand Categories - By warrant officer MOS
- Officer Physical Demand Categories - By officer AOC
- Army Combat Fitness Test Video - Brief video demonstrating the new ACFT events.